Ok, so, a quick update for anybody following this…
- I now have some rough 3d icons for playing pieces
- There are now 3 types of playing piece: cities, commanders, and (regular) units
- you can move units and commadders
- you can build new units and commanders in cities.
- there’s a rudimentary GUI.
So, things to do in the near future:
- force players to move new units as soon as they’re built (no stacking).
- develop a 3rd character class: settle (which allows new cities to be built, duh)
- develop a 4th character class: scout
- allow for a world to be saved, and then loaded.
- decide how multiplayer will be implemented for the time being (net connection, or PBEM/dropbox, or crappy AI).