Numerous changes and improvements. Some visible, some not.
- Shrines are now placed at the “pentagonal poles.” These might stay as shrines of various types, or I might swap them for something else.
- First attempt at placing trees
- Fixed the Tile.Azimuth function so the automatic camera centring works.
- Tiles now know about their neighbouring tiles
- Tiles are now highlighted when you click on them
- Continuing to optimise the code.
Pin cushion planet
Ok, that really wasn’t meant to happen! On the plus side:
- the sea level works properly
- units are sized properly
- shrines are now created at each of the pentagonal “poles”
a Somewhat extreme landscape, but we're getting there
Very much work in progress, so I won’t bother typing many notes!
Well, I’m now very happy. This has been giving me a headache since i started working on it! Joy.
So the next job is getting some terrain on the planet.
I'm really pleased with myself
Now I just need to carefully cut around the edges...
So, after spending nearly all last night working on this, I’ve nearly got a nice HexPlanet. I’m just wating a nice set of textured hexagons, and I can then tear my hair out trying to get them lined up and tiling properly.
I'm not trying to compensate for anything, so don't even suggest it.
A huge list of improvements. I won’t list them all. But here are some notable things that we’ve done:
- Chits now spawn in correct place (thanks HumOfEvil)
- Version 2.0 of our camera script (thanks The Harlander).
- The Necromancer now has his tower.
- Units can be built and move.
- More terrain types.
Ok, I’ve made some pretty good progress over the last few days, including a couple of things which I stuggled with more than I expected. Firstly, the sea is now flat, and I think I can call v1 of my planetgen script done (otherwise, I’ll play with it for ages and avoid some other irksome tasks). I’m still toying with the idea of using hex tiles. Can’t quite decide it will be worth the headache.
Also, the camera now centres on your currently active city. And it should work with character chits too. but I haven’t tested that yet. Sadly, this progress is slightly undone by the fact that my new chit models are spawning in outerspace, so I guess that’s next on my todo list.
Oh, and the UI background panels now change colour to match the currently active faction, which I think is a useful touch. I can worry about making it more visually attractive at a later d